Since I became a full-time traveler, my work and creative processes have been deeply influenced by my travel experiences. I was inspired to create a piece that brings together various ideas and feelings around travel, that I have experienced myself, and through reading travel-related literature that has impacted me. Below are the writers and their respective works that are referenced in the artwork:
• Baudelaire – ‘L’invitation au voyage‘, Les Fleurs du Mal (1857)
• Pico Iyer – ‘Why We Travel‘ (2000)
• Ibn Battuta – A Gift to Those Who Contemplate the Wonders of Cities and the Marvels of Travelling (1354)
• Gustave Flaubert – Lettres à Madame X (1846)
• Dr. Seuss – Oh, the Places You’ll Go! (1990)
The print is available in various sizes on Juniqe and Society6.
L’invitation au voyage (2016) – Mixed Media: gouache, markers, colored pencils, digital painting.